Basic Formal Shoes for men
Formal shoes also called dress shoe, are worn to a smart casual or more formal events or occasion. A formal shoe is totally different from athletic or casual shoes. They are worn by many as a standard day to day shoe. Used for dance parties, business meetings, and special occasions.
Formal shoes mainly come in black or brown, but you can get them in other colors like white, cordovan, chestnut, oxblood and burgundy. Formal shoes give the wearer a mirrored image of his style and personality to any formal event or business meetings.
Black color formal shoes are considered to be the most formal or dress shoe since civilization.
Leather Formal Shoes
Most formal shoes are made of leather, usually wholly or entirely, including the outer parts, the lining and the sole, though for more strength at the expense of elegance and style many dress shoes can be made with rubber soles. Non-leather men dress shoes are also available.
Leather formal shoes come in both lace-up and the slip-on, but lace-up shoes are more formal. Closed lace shoes is more formal than an open-laced shoe.
- Designed in USA
- Wooden Heel height: 1" (approx)
- Premium Leather Lining, Latex Cushioned Footbed
- Classic Brogue Design
- Flexible and Comfort oxfords
- CLASSIC STYLE: Cap-toe oxford featuring burnished brogue perforated trims and blind-eyelet lacing
- COMFORT: Fully cushioned memory foam insole for superior padded cushy comfort and shock absorption
- DURABILITY: Lightweight construction with extended durability with breathable linings
- QUALITY SOLE: Flexible contrasting outsole with stitch detailing on low stacked heel
- PERFECT FIT: Fit tip - If in between two sizes go for larger size
- Premium synthetic leather dress shoes
- Finely ribbed durable dress sole for comfort and traction
- Heel measures approximately 1.18", perfect for any formal or casual wear
- Breathable leather lining & Lightly cushioned footbed for shock-absorption
- Classic oxfords featuring brogue wing tip design and 4-eyelet lace-up vamp
Brogues are a style of low-heeled shoe, it is characterized by multiple- piece, sturdy leather uppers with decorative perforation.
Brogues come in two forms which is the full brogues which has a toe cap in a wavy shape, with punched patterns on various section of the shoe, and we half brogue, it has a normal straight edged toe cap and less punching.
Types of Formal Shoes
Formal shoes comes in different shape and styles which include
Oxford shoes were named by the British, while the American call the dress shoe balmorals. Oxford has a closed lacing, where the pieces of leather are joined by the laces and are sewn together at the bottom. Many oxfords have an additional piece of leather sewn over the toe section, known as a toe cap. Oxfords are the perfect shoe to wear with suits.
A monk shoe (it is also called a monk strap shoe), has no lacing, and it closed by a strap with a buckle, they are appropriate for business formal activities.
Derbies are also called bluchers, it is similar to oxfords, but it has open lacing, they are little less formal than Oxford shoes, and are often worn in brown, with some brogues on it.
Men’s dress shoes are sleek, modern and most frequently bought in solid colours like black and brown which are considered as the conservative color for any season, these shoes are mostly worn with suits and jackets.