G.H. Bass & Co Shoes Review
- 1 G.H. Bass & Co Shoes Review
- 2 G.H Bass Shoes for Men
- 3 G.H Bass & Co, History and Evolution of the brand
- 4 G.H. bass & Co corporate Headquarters
- 5 3 Stylish looking G.H Bass & Co Chukka Boots
- 6 G.H. Bass & Co. Men’s Alexander Chukka Boot
- 7 G.H Bass & Co Duck Boots
- 8 G.H Bass & Co Men’s Dress Shoes
- 9 Top Rated G.H Bass Weejun Loafers
- 10 G.H Bass Boat Shoe
- 11 G.H Bass & Co Oxford Shoes
- 12 G.H Bass Outlets
- 13 FAQ
We review in this exhaustive article what has become the Iconic footwear of the American people; G.H Bass. Any footwear company that has survived the test of time running into a century and a half deserves some credit. G.H Bass has proved beyond reasonable doubt that they are a force to be reckoned with when it comes to footwear for both men and women.
Brush them aside at your own peril. Their reputation and pedigree weren’t born out of thin air, they have invested time, energy, resources, constant innovation and an eye for detail to attain the heights they have reached.
Just as the saying goes “what keeps you at the top is bigger than what takes you there”, the company having achieved success are not resting, they hardly underestimate the competition and they know that a true original is always in demand.
G.H Bass Shoes for Men
Although the brand has long branched into other areas of business such as ladies wears and accessories, our main focus will be on G.H Bass shoes for men. What you should look out for, how to spot a fake, the styling and details each pair carries, our iron clad recommendations and much more.
G.H Bass & Co, History and Evolution of the brand
Bass as a company started with a certain George Henry bass in 1876. He perfected the act of shoemaking and was soon running a factory in Wilson Stream because of the water powered machinery. From 1876 till date there has been some notable landmarks achieved by the brand that has made them what they are today in an extremely competitive US market. Some landmark years’ worth nothing are:
In 1906: The “Bass Moccasin Cruiser” was introduced. This is highlighted as the first ever introduction of the brand into the easy wear slip-on shoes.
In 1910: The “Rangeley” Moccasin was created. It soon caught up with the public and became the ideal choice for campers and outdoor walk activities.
By 1917: Another style OF Moccasins was introduced. This time the “sky Moccasin”.
1918: A year after the Sky Moccasin was introduced the US army approved the use of the “Bass Moccasins” for aviation. It became the official aviation boot for welding and protection of the feet from the extreme cold in high latitudes.
By 1920: A newer style of moccasins was introduced known as the “Woc-o-Moc”. Evidently, innovation has been a core ethic of the brand and the new “Woc-o-Moc” bended seamlessly to the ever changing style tastes of the populace.
By 1925: George Henry Bass dies and his two sons John R. Bass and Willard S. Bass take over the business. John becomes president while Willard becomes treasurer.
By 1936: The first Bass Weejuns were made and later became an instant hit. The Weejun craze almost encapsulated all aspects of the fashion industry resulting in enormous growth and sales. The Weejuns has been one of G.H Bass most successful moccasins till date. By 1962 the Weejun broke into mainstream culture and by 1984 Michael Jackson wore a Black Weejun for his hit album opener “Thriller”.
By 1978: G.H Bass was sold to Chesebrough-Pond’s Inc which later resold to PVH Corp in 1987.
1980: the first country shop was opened in California and the company started producing magazines called the “The Bass Inner Soul”.
BY 1997: Duing the e-commerce boom, the company keyed in with the introduction of their online web portal www.ghbass.com currently run under Harbor Wholesale Ltd.
Bass in recent times has teamed up with Tommy Hilfiger, a collaboration that has resulted in the reinventing Weejuns penny loafer.
G.H. bass & Co corporate Headquarters
200 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016. United States.
Web address: www.ghbass.com
3 Stylish looking G.H Bass & Co Chukka Boots
- Made with Leather
- Guninue Rubber Sole
- Leather upper that is lightweight
- Made with Genuine Leather materials
- Strong Synthetic sole
- From the arch Shaft measures approx 6.25 inch
- Rubber outsole and a cushioned latex made footbed
- Genuine leather uppers
- Unlike the Brigg Chukka the shaft measures 7.5 inch from arch
- Rubber sole and a genuine leather upper
- Soft leather footbed
- Strong leather welt construction
G.H Bass & Co Duck Boots
G.H. Bass & Co. Men’s Douglas Rain Boot
- Mixed materials, 60% Rubber and 40% Leather
- Strong durable rubber sole
- Rubber bottom with a cushioned latex footbed
- Waterproof to a reasonable degree
- Genuine leather upper
- Heel measures 1.25 inch while shaft measures 7.5 inch
- Rubber oustsole and a memory foam insole for extra cushioning
- Synthetic lining and leather uppers
- 0.5 inch platfoam
G.H Bass & Co Men’s Dress Shoes
Top Rated G.H Bass Weejun Loafers
- Comes in a wide range of colors
- Outsole made of leather and rubber
- Leather uppers
- Inner leather insole for extra comfort.
- Beef rolled stitching for extra style
- Signature penny strap
- Powerful moccasin like construction
- 11 color variants to choose from
G.H Bass Boat Shoe
- Good quality leather boat shoe
- Read up customer reviews before deciding on size
- Great around workmanship and craft
- Great style genuine leather uppers
- Smooth and soft leather without blemishes
- Great around construction
- Comes in chocolate tan, saddle tan and oyster tan
- Synthetic sole and genuine leather upper.
G.H Bass & Co Oxford Shoes
- Two tone leather dress shoe
- Contrast welt and brogue detailing
- Cushioned leather footbed
- EVA foam for extra lightweight
- Leather uppers and sockliners
- Leather sole
- Imported G.H Bass shoe
- Genuine rubber sole
- Silver tone eyelets, stylish rounded toe design
- Lace up closure
- Allen Oxford is unique for its waterproof character
- Waterproof leather upper
- Seam sealed for extra waterproof protection
- Cushioned latex footbed
G.H Bass Outlets
Can’t find a Bass outlet near you on the official website? The best place to get directions is to look up the phase “GH Bass outlets” on google. Use the mapping guide to locate an outlet near you.
G.H Bass Coupon Codes
For Bass coupon codes with an average of $17 savings, here are some sources:
What is the quality of G.H Bass and Co Shoes?
They are of good quality considering the price. If you compare with other brands of considerable price then they are the best bet for your money.
Are bass shoes durable?
Durability. Yes. Nowhere near brands like Alden Edmond, Alden or Magnanni shoes.
Where are bass shoes manufactured?
How do I maintain my bass shoes?
Proper shoe care. Use a shoe tree to maintain the shape after every wear.
What is the average price range of a good bass shoe?
$50 – $200 Mid priced shoes
Are G.H bass shoes comfortable?
On a scale of 1 to 10, i will rate them 5.8.
How are G.H bass shoes constructed?
Where is the world largest bass pro Shop?